Whether hosting an Oscar party or watching at home in your PJ’s, popcorn is an easy, affordable and healthy complement to the festivities.
Start off first with some freshly popped popcorn. To avoid the potential chemicals found in microwave popcorn, make your corn the old-fashioned way — on the stovetop. Don’t know how? Click here for instructions.
Once you’re popcorn is ready, whip up one of these spicy, sweet or salty mixes for an interesting twist on this movie watching must-have:
- Curry powder, dried mixed fruit, yogurt-covered raisins
- Banana chips, shaved dark chocolate, toasted coconut
- Pizza seasoning, sliced turkey pepperoni
- Teriyaki sauce, wasabi peas, rice crackers
- Honey graham cereal, marshmallows, cocoa
- Pretzels, peanuts, m&m’s
- Fresh herbs (rosemary & thyme), melted butter, Parmesan cheese
- Cereal, roasted soybean nuts, raisins
- Orange zest, nutmeg, raisins
- Dried apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar