“Produce & Protein” snacks are my secret weapon to keeping clients feeling full and satisfied until their next meal. Why? This power-packed combination provides fiber to satisfy your belly and protein to satisfy your mind. Since we typically have to feel full and feel finished to stop eating, this combo works wonders!
Summer is right around the corner so finding a produce and protein snack is easier than ever. Get creative! Try a new flavor combination.
Here are few ideas to get you started:
- sliced apples + walnuts
- strawberries + feta + baby spinach
- celery sticks + peanut butter
- sliced melon + deli ham
- baby carrots + hummus
- hard-boiled egg + celery
- sliced avocado + cherry tomatoes
- cucumber slices + tuna
- deli turkey + baby spinach
- watermelon cubes + feta cheese
- cottage cheese + pineapple
- Greek yogurt + strawberries
What’s your favorite combination?
Danielle Omar, MS, RD
The Food Confidence Expert