You’ve probably noticed that I really like beans. I’ve had two cans of black eyed peas in my pantry for a while now and have been on the lookout for a recipe to use them. I don’t really like black eyed peas warm, so I was psyched to find this easy salad online. I use google to look for recipes that include ingredients I have on hand, and this one fit the bill perfectly (yes, another great benefit to having a stocked kitchen).
I gave it a try last night, increasing most of the ingredients in the recipe, especially the pine nuts, which I think make the dish.
The verdict: super easy, and super good. Perfect for Memorial Day weekend festivities.
Black-Eyed Peas with Pesto
- 1 1/2 cans canned black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 2 small jars coarsely chopped marinated artichoke hearts in oil
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 Tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- Toss black eyed peas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and olives with pesto in bowl. Garnish with pine nuts.