Lentils. Couscous. Roasted cauliflower. All gloriously combined with a lemon dressing and fresh cilantro. And did I mention the Feta cheese? I tested this recipe yesterday at my neighbor’s barbecue and it is a keeper. My husband even ate the leftovers for breakfast this morning.
I found this gem on Food 52 and I adapted it a bit to my own tastes. I encourage you to do the same!
Lentil, Couscous & Cauliflower Salad with Feta
For the Salad
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Feta cheese crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice of 1 lemon about 3 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Toss cauliflower with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper until well coated. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelized.
- While the cauliflower roasts, make the lentils. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add lentils. Boil until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Drain and water and place in a large bowl.
- In the same pot, prepare couscous. Add 1 cup couscous to 1 cup boiling water. Immediately remove from heat, cover, and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add to bowl with lentils. When cauliflower is ready, add to bowl with cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, salt, pepper, a drizzle of honey. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve warm or cold sprinkled with Feta.
- This salad is great paired with grilled fish or chicken or as a hearty lunch! Enjoy!