It’s Tasty Summer Beverage Month on Recipe Redux. Join me and my fellow Reduxer’s as we celebrate the best drinks of summer.
I’m a bit of a coffee addict. It’s one of the few things I can’t live without. I grew up drinking espresso with my Italian Grandparents and just the smell of coffee brewing takes me back to those memorable times.
In the summer, I love a simple and refreshing cup of java…over ice. An iced-coffee latte is a delicious treat!
It’s a bit of trial and error to prepare at home, but once you perfect it, you’ll be thankful you did. I start with freshly brewed, double strength coffee (I’m not a huge fan of using the instant coffee powder, but it does work if that’s all you have). The trick to a perfect iced-coffee latte is getting it strong enough to drink over ice. One way is to brew the coffee double strength the night before, sweeten it, then serve over ice in the morning. I don’t drink mine for breakfast, so I tend to make it as I go.
My creation below is pretty creamy (hence “latte”) but you can adjust the cream to suit your taste. I’ve been using my new favorite creamer from Mimicreme, which is a dairy-free, almond and cashew-based delight. It’s unsweetened, so I add a bit of almond flavored syrup to sweeten the deal (the syrup dissolves quickly and adds great flavor).
6-8 oz strongly brewed coffee (make it too strong to drink alone)
3 Tbsp Mimi Creme Almond/Cashew Creamer
1 Tbsp Almond syrup (or to taste)
In a tall glass pour coffee over ice. Stir in creamer and sweetener. Enjoy!!!
- Dr. Barb, Nutrition Budgeteer Triple Cherry Chiller
- Kara Lydon, Peace, Love, and Food Blueberry Basil Lemonade Fizz
- Deanna Segrave-Daly, Teaspoon of Spice Cantaloupe Basil Aqua Fresca Fizz
- Jessica Fishman Levinson, Nutritioulicious Blueberry Basil Cooler
- Elizabeth Jarrard, Don’t White Sugar-Coat It Southern Blackberry Smash
- Emily Greenfield, The Nutriscientist Apple, pear and strawberry smoothie with Chia
- Regan Jones, The Professional Palate Berry-Lime Bubbly
- EA Stewart, The Spicy RD Gingery Peach Float
- Ann Dunaway Teh, Eat to Nourish, Energize & Flourish Pregnancy Mocktails
- Karman Meyer, Nutrition Adventures Orange-Mint Iced Green Tea
- Cherie Schetselaar, Grain Crazy Mango Strawberry Smoothie
- Emma Stirling, The Scoop on Nutrition Recipe Redux Tangelo-ade
- Liz Weiss & Janice Newell Bissex, Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen Pint-Size Pina Colada