If you’re a fan of pumpkin, apple, or even fig butter, you must try this rosemary pear butter. A client of mine sent me the recipe last year and I’ve been dying to try it ever since. My house smelled amazing while it was cooking up…but I really love anything with rosemary! After tasting it, next time I would use much less honey (if any?) than the recipe calls for, and it would be just as delicious! What do you think?
A few simple ingredients
the finished product, ready for the fridge
or a muffin!
Here’s the recipe…enjoy!
Rosemary Pear Butter
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s Pears with the juice or 2 cups fresh chopped pears + 2 cups of pear nectar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 drop fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup wildflower honey
- Cook pears for 30 minutes, then add rosemary, honey and cinnamon. Continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes. Once the mixture has cooled slightly remove the rosemary and add the lemon juice. Puree in food processor or use immersion blender. Store in individual containers and freeze or it will keep in refrigerator for several weeks.
- Mix into cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, top with toasted walnuts
- Stir into oatmeal
- Brush onto baked ham
- Make a spread for crackers with fresh ricotta or blue cheese
- Spread onto pancakes, waffles or French toast