What do you get when you mix quinoa with chocolate?
You get people going crazy for these delicious no-bake chocolate quinoa snack balls!
For Meatless Monday this week I posted a photo on my Facebook page of these quinoa snack balls I had made the day before. Well, this post went as “viral” as I’m probably ever going to get in this lifetime. I tell you, people go crazy for quinoa! These delicious little snack balls are a mix of chocolate and quinoa with dried cherries and oatmeal. They are my favorite treat to whip up when I’ve made a little too much quinoa. I store them in the fridge and enjoy 1-2 in the afternoon with some tea. They are the perfect pick-me-up!
Since I got over 40 “shares” of this recipe, I thought the least I could do was share how I made them with you, my awesome blog readers. 🙂
Here’s the recipe, enjoy!
Chocolate Quinoa Snack Balls
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, sunflower seeds, oats, dried fruit, and unsweetened coconut, mix well.
- Then add maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond butter to bowl, mix again until well combined. Then add your dark chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Mix well again until just combined.
- Using wet hands, gently roll mixture into golf ball-sized balls.
- Let chill for 2 hours before eating!
- Store in fridge.