Do you need a go-to dish to bring to all those graduation parties, barbecues, wedding and baby showers on your calendar?
Everyone LOVES my go-to Almond Sesame Noodle Salad. It’s Asian-inspired and the perfect recipe for brunches, picnics, and outdoor parties because it just gets better and better the longer it sits. It’s also super easy to make. And the flavor is pretty much out of this world. I’ve never met a person who doesn’t fall for this almond sesame noodle salad!
Have you ever tried kelp noodles before? They’re actually quite versatile. They’re all natural and made from preserved raw kelp. They don’t require any heating, but I do soak them a while before I use them to soften them up a bit. They’re crunchy at first but the longer they sit in the marinade or dressing, the softer and more noodle-like they get. They don’t taste fishy at all and are the perfect substitute for pasta. They’re a great way to add some sea veggies into your diet for thyroid function and as a great source of natural iodine.
I also love to combine the noodles with julienned or spiralized zucchini to mix up the flavors a bit. Trust me, once you try this almond sesame noodle salad you will make it over and over again!
Here’s the recipe:
Ryan's Famous Almond Sesame Noodles
For the almond butter sauce:
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 small clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp siracha hot sauce optional
For the noodles:
- 1 12-ounce bag kelp noodles, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots peeled if desired and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry cashews optional
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, carrot, and bell pepper. Add the almond butter sauce and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, until chilled, or serve immediately. Garnish with the green onion, cashews, and sesame seeds just before serving.