Buddha bowls are not just for cozy winter nights. In fact, nothing screams summer like a Summer Buddha Bowl heaping with fresh produce! I’m talking cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, strawberries and roasted corn on the cob, all of which are readily available at the farmers market – or from your own backyard garden!
In this Summer Buddha Bowl recipe I kept it simple and used ingredients I already had on hand. For the base of the bowl I chose the tangy bite of Arugula, which complements the fresh-picked (and super sweet) strawberries perfectly. Then I added some crisp cucumbers, shredded carrots, leftover grilled corn on the cob, and some creamy avocado slices. Delicious!Jump to Recipe
To keep this bowl on the lighter side, I skipped the usual grain component (brown rice, quinoa etc.) and added roasted chickpeas for a little crunch. These chickpeas are super simple to make, just roast them in the oven seasoned with a little olive oil, salt and turmeric for added flavor and crunch.
To skip this step, you can also buy your chickpeas pre-roasted. I like these.
No buddha bowl is complete without the drizzle of an amazing sauce. I topped this summer bowl with a creamy tahini dressing. This dressing is so simple to make in a Mason jar — and totally worth it.
Summer Buddha Bowl
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
For the Salad
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup corn, grilled or roasted cab buy this frozen, too!
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, drained rinsed and dried
To Make Dressing:
- To a Mason jar, add the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, water, and sea salt to a jar. Cover with lid and shake well until smooth and creamy.
For the Salad
- Divide arugula between bowls and top with salad ingredients. Drizzle with tahini dressing.
Looking for more buddha bowl recipes? Try these!
[Tweet “nothing screams summer like a Summer Buddha Bowl heaping with fresh produce!”]