If you’re looking for a new addition to your taco night rotation, you’ll want to try these amazing Roasted Cauliflower Tacos. Roasted Cauliflower is a weeknight staple in my house and turning it into a taco is next level good! Honestly, you can make these with other veg, too. Broccoli, portabello mushrooms or sliced Brussels sprouts would be just as tasty.
This recipe is super simple to make. Just toss the cauliflower in a mix of chili powder, tumeric, cumin, smoked paprika, and garlic. Then roast it in the oven. This gives the cauliflower tons of flavor and caramely goodness!
While the oven is working it’s magic, mix up the purple cabbage slaw, make the avocado cream in the food processor, and warm up the tortillas. When you’re ready to eat, just assemble everything and top it with your favorite taco toppings. Chopped avocado, salsa, and red onions are my favorite!
Why Do I Love Roasted Cauliflower Tacos?
Veggie tacos are a fun way to get more vegetables into your diet! They’re also an easy way to get in some spices like turmeric and garlic – both of which are great for immune health and reducing inflammation.
Cauliflower is one of my favorite cruciferous veggies and it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals (one serving has 77% of your daily needs for of vitamin C). You also get in some vitamin K and a ton of fiber, which is awesome for gut health.
These tacos also contain another crucifeous veggie – purple cabbage! This adds more fiber and vitamins A, C, K, and B6 to your plate. Both cauli and cabbage are strong antioxidants, which help fight inflammation. Purple cabbage contains sulforaphane, which has powerful heart health benefits and cancer-fighting properties.
I hope you’ll try these roasted cauliflower tacos! You’ll love the flavor – and you’ll be nourishing your body at the same time.
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Cream
For the Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 6 corn tortillas
- purple cabbage shredded
- fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 ½ limes plus more for serving
For the Avocado Cream Sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°. Add cauliflower florets to a large mixing bowl. Add garlic, salt, oil, cumin, turmeric, chili powder and paprika. Mix well until spices coat all of the cauliflower. Don’t be afraid to add more spices and oil to coat the cauliflower!
- Arrange cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet. Use two sheets if needed (don’t crowd the cauliflower). Roast until dark brown and crisp on the bottom and a knife slides through easily, about 25-30 minutes. Stir once during cooking!
- In a small blender, combine sour cream or yogurt, avocado, lime juice and dash of sea salt; blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, toss the cabbage with lime, salt and chopped cilantro.
- When ready to serve, heat a skillet over medium-high. Working in batches, toast the corn tortillas in a single layer, turning halfway through, until warm and toasty.
- Transfer tortillas to plates, add cabbage and cauliflower to each tortilla, top with avocado cream and garnish with cilantro and lime juice. Feel free to add any other toppings you like!