This exotic tasting chia seed pudding is so much more than it looks. It’s rich, creamy, sweet, and spicy — and probably nothing like anything you’ve had before!
This is one of those recipes that I’m kinda proud of. Yummy, ooey, gooey, delicious honey. Don’t you love it? I do. Honey is a good thing. And so is this Macadamia Nut Chia Seed Pudding.
I like my honey raw. Raw honey isn’t filtered, strained, or heated above 115 degrees (natural hive temperatures), which can destroy the beneficial enzymes, nutrients, and antioxidants. I always use raw honey in place of other sweeteners like agave or sugar in recipes, as it doesn’t compete with other flavors and it provides added texture and balance. You also don’t have to use as much of it as you would table sugar, since it’s a little more sweet. It can help thicken up dressings and marinades and provides a great stabilizer for my no-bake energy bars!
But let’s get back to my unique and lovely dessert, shall we?
From this picture you would never think there was so much goodness inside this glass. Chopped fresh mango, roasted macadamia nuts, coconut milk, raw honey, chili powder and the Indian inspired garam masala. I think this Macadamia Nut Chia Seed Pudding is the perfect dinner party or special occasion dessert that will have everyone asking you what’s in it!
Honey Macadamia Nut Chia Custard
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup fresh mango
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup chia seeds white chia would be great here
- Place coconut milk, honey, nuts, mango and spices into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add 1/2 cup chia seeds to large bowl, then add coconut milk mixture to chia, mix with a wire whisk until well combined.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least an hour until sets. The longer it stays in the fridge, the thicker it will become.
- When ready to serve, place into small glasses and garnish with drizzled honey and macadamia nut slices or fresh mango.
Disclaimer: By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by National Honey Board and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I received a gift card to offset the expense of my ingredients.