Try this gluten-free, high protein mung bean and edamame fettuccine tossed with a creamy leek and pumpkin sauce for a simple weeknight meal!
I love experimenting with these fun guilt-free bean pastas from Explore Asian. I make my black bean pasta with olives and cauliflower all the time. It’s so filling and high in protein and fiber…what more could you want out of pasta, right? This time I tried the mung bean and edamame fettuccine style noodles and tossed them with a creamy leek and pumpkin sauce.
This dish was so simple and tasty but is really more about the leeks than the pasta! I love cooking with leeks, they are so flavorful, yet mild…not too onion-y at all.
Leek and Pumpkin Fettuccine
- 1 7 oz package Organic Edamame and Mung Bean Fettuccine (or any pasta)
- 1 leek cleaned and sliced
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme chopped
- 2-3 leaves sage chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat butter and olive oil in saute pan. Add leeks, salt and pepper and sage. Cook until leeks are lightly browned. Remove leeks from pan and set aside in small bowl.
- Add pumpkin and broth to the saute pan and stir until pumpkin loosens and makes a sauce.
- Add the thyme and salt and pepper, to taste. Let cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the leeks, reserving a bit to garnish on top. Stir well to combine and cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt and parmesan cheese. Toss with pasta and serve with reserved leeks and sprinkle of Parmesan, if desired.