Suffering from salad boredom is no joke. One of the biggest complaints I hear from new clients is that eating healthy is boring. It’s all plain salads with flavorless dressings and no oomph.
Well, my friends, I’m here to tell you that that’s not the case!
My favorite salads are piled high with flavorful ingredients, interesting textures, and homemade vinaigrette – because if you’re not enjoying your salads, you’re not doing healthy eating right. This Roasted Vegetable Salad with Apple Cider-Shallot Vinaigrette is the perfect platform for turning salad skeptics into salad lovers!
My ideal salad has several components: fresh and crisp greens, a variety of veggies, juicy fresh fruit and/or chewy dried fruit, flavorful cheese, something crunchy, and a bright, tangy vinaigrette. You guessed it – this salad hits all the marks!
It’s got both mixed greens and microgreens for maximum crisp lettuce texture. It’s got roasted beets and Brussels sprouts, which lend gorgeous color, earthiness, and heartiness to the salad. It’s got apples, pomegranate arils, and dried mullberries to hit all the sweet-tart-crispy-chewy-fruity notes you crave. It’s got sharp, salty cheddar cheese and crunchy, nutty hazelnuts. And it has the simplest, tastiest vinaigrette to tie it all together. It’s impossible not to fall in love with this salad.
Serve this roasted vegetable salad as a side (even though it’s sure to take center stage) or top it with black beans, tempeh or grilled salmon for a filling, flavorful meal. Grab the full recipe below!
Ready to take your salad making to a whole new level? Join my free Salad in a Jar Challenge!
>> sign up here <<
[Tweet “This Roasted Veggie Salad w/ Apple Cider Vinaigrette will turn salad skeptics into salad lovers!”]
Roasted Vegetable Salad with Apple Cider-Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red beet
- 1 yellow beet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts ends trimmed, and halved
- 4 cups mixed field greens
- 1 apple cored and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese cubed
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- 1/4 cup microgreens
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
To make Vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients; set aside.
To make Salad:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil to cover. Place on tray and roast 40 minutes, or until beets are tender and skins peel away easily. Cut beets into 1/2-inch wedges; let cool.
- Drizzle olive oil on a roasting pan and spread Brussels sprouts halves on pan. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once, or until tender. Let cool.
- Transfer field greens to a medium salad bowl. Top with beets, Brussels sprouts, apple, Cheddar, pomegranate arils, mulberries, microgreens, and hazelnuts. Drizzle with Apple Cider-Shallot Vinaigrette.